Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pine Wood Derby


As Young Women's President, I decided to put on a Pinewood Derby: Young Men vs. Young Women. I always felt jipped out that I never got to race a pine wood derby car. Naturally, I made a car with all of the Young Women. We recruited a Pinewood Derby expert in our ward to be our coach. The young women smoked the boys. The girls took the top six places. Who was the first place winner? You might be asking yourselves. That's right, yours truly took first place with my pink sparkly car. Logan has since taken ownership of the pink car. He is proud of his mommy's fast car.

3 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

Of Course! Not surprised that you are YW Pres... And for sure not surprised you whipped up a derby competition! :) Glad you are back blogging... Your Layla is darling. I wonder -- when was she born? I had Cruz on election day - 11/4/08. Seems like they might be close. Can't get over her hair - so much! Just like her momma... Take care and keep in touch. Loves, Steph

Megan said...

Hey Erin! What a great idea, I love that the girls dominated! How fun. I may have to pass that idea along in my ward-hope you don't mind. We're still in Poky for a few months, you should call if you ever need a groupy for McDonalds. ha ha. 221-2779. Hope you're surviving the wintry-idaho spring :). Take care.

Trista said...

Your car is hot!